Frequently Asked Questions

Which federal government office can I contact to obtain information on programs and services for disabled persons?

You should get in touch with the Office for Disability Issues (ODI) of Human Resources Skills Development Canada (HRSDC). The ODI describes its mandate in this way: “…to support the lead minister for disability issues in the Government of Canada and work with all sectors of society to ensure the equitable access and effective participation of Canadians with disabilities in all activities within federal jurisdiction. The objective is to share information and support networking with other federal government departments as well as with non-governmental organizations.” Contact the ODI at: Office for Disability Issues (ODI) 1st Floor, 105 Hôtel de Ville Gatineau, Quebec, K1A 0J9 Telephone: (819) 997-2412 Web site: