Frequently Asked Questions

How do I find out which colleges or universities have good physical access to classrooms and other facilities?

You should speak with the office responsible for disability services at your school of choice. A service provider should be able to provide you with all of the information you need. Schools often have campus maps showing the location of elevators, automatic doors, accessible washrooms, ramps, curb cuts etc. Also, many schools offer campus orientation sessions for students with disabilities. A tour of the campus can probably be arranged during orientation so you can check out the facilities first hand.

If you don’t have contact information, visit the NEADS web site and check out the EdLink section, which will allow you to search schools by province and territory and access the web sites of the service centres