Faculty Awareness and Training in the Post-Secondary Community: An Annotated Bibliography
Lethbridge Community CollegeLethbridge, Alberta
Supporting Students with DisabilitiesFaculty Information Paper
This is a four-page paper written by Julie Deimert, Coordinator of Services for
Students with Disabilities Learning Centre. It describes the support available for professors accommodating students with special needs.
The following topics are discussed:
- Support for Students with Disabilities.
- Identifying Students with Special Needs.
- Support for Instructors.
- Instructor Referrals.
- Instructional Strategies for Students with Learning Disabilities.
- Common questions faculty ask regarding exam accommodations.
- Who is eligible for accommodations?
- Is this fair to other students?
- What are other institutions doing?
- What is LCC doing?
"Services for Students with Disabilities"Brochure
This brochure explains the services provided at the Learning Centre to students with special needs. It discusses how you can identify a student with a disability, explains the assessment procedure and how an individual support plan can be created for the student.
Coordinator of services for special needs students
Lethbridge Community College
3000 College Drive South
Web site: http://www.lethbridgecollege.ab.ca/dept/lc/