International Summit on Accessibility 2014, Carleton University, Ottawa
Carleton University, with support from the Province of Ontario and the City of Ottawa, invites you to the International Summit on Accessibility 2014, July 12- 15 in Ottawa. The Summit promotes access and inclusion for persons with disabilities in all aspects of life. Join leaders from around the globe as we showcase innovation, celebrate best practices and enable collaborative dialog and action toward accessible and inclusive communities.
Hosted at the world-class Ottawa Convention Centre, the summit program features an exciting lineup of presenters, workshops and exhibits. Three primary streams will guide the conference proceedings: innovation, technology and accessible communities.
The Honourable David C. Onley, Lieutenant Governor of Ontario and honorary patron of the summit, as well as Rick Hansen, celebrated athlete and inclusivity advocate, will be among more than 60 speakers gathered to share best practices in accessibility and creating accessible communities.
From our major theme, Making it Happen – Intention to Action, three primary streams have been developed including Innovation, Technology and Accessible Communities. In each stream we will address issues of accessibility in education, communication, employment, recreation, mobility health and the physical environment with a special emphasis on employment.
- Innovation: Highlighting and celebrating a world of best practices and innovative approaches to accessibility.
- Technology: The promises and pitfalls of technology in contributing to accessibility for persons with disabilities in the home environment and beyond.
- Accessible Communities: A focus on the built environment and the concepts and collaborations needed to create accessible communities.
You are invited to:
- connect with leaders from around the world as we showcase innovation;
- celebrate best practices; and
- enable collaborative dialogue and action toward accessible and inclusive communities.
Watch a video invitation from Larry McCloskey, Director of the Paul Menton Centre for Students with Disabilities and Steering Committee Member, International Summit on Accessibility. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HaF3dR9_eMk
Here is the full conference program: http://carleton.ca/accessibilitysummit/program-2/
Early bird registration packages are available until May 15, 2014. Register online here: https://ers.snapuptickets.com/ers/online-registration-conference.cfm?y=ZWlkPTgxNSZsYW49ZW5n
For general inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
For program related inquiries, please contact:
Associate Vice-President (Students and Enrolment) and University Registrar
420 Tory Building, 1125 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, Ontario, K1S 5B6
Chuck Schouwerwou, CMP, CMM
confersense planners inc.
2527 Severn Avenue
Ottawa, ON, K2B 7V8 Canada