NEADS.CA Accessibility Features
- "AccessKey" features enabling use of the keyboard (rather than the mouse)
to move to specific locations. AccessKeys help users with physical disabilities
navigate through a website more easily as well as creating a "Hot-Key" like
feature that benefits all frequent visitors to a site.
Windows users can navigate with the AccessKey feature by keying the [Alt] key plus the AccessKey.
Users of Internet Explorer must also hit the [Enter] key to activate the link,
but users of current versions of the Mozilla and Netscape browsers need only use
[Alt] plus the AccessKey to jump to the link destination.
Mac users also can make use of the AccessKey feature by keying [Ctrl] plus the AccessKey.
- To assist the visually impaired, there is complete structural separation of "text" from the "style" or "format" affecting its display by using external style sheets exclusively.
- Also to accommodate the visually impaired, all "color" elements are defined by external style sheets; there is no color-dependent text or content used anywhere in the site.
- All text is scalable larger or smaller using the browser's "text-size" function.
- Alt + 1 activates the Main Menu link.
- Alt + 2 activates the Section Menu link.
- Alt + 3 activates the Sitemap link.
- Alt + 4 activates the Search link.