NEADS Logo - Home
Find us on: Facebook YouTube

Question MarkQuick Question:
Where can students with learning disabilities receive funding to help cover the cost of disability assessments?

Upcoming Events

More Events

Link of the day

More Links

Donate Now to support NEADS! We need your support!
Donations are tax deductible and you will receive a charitable tax receipt for 100% of your gift.

Donate Now Through!

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make arrangements for books in Braille, on tape or diskette?

Make an appointment with your professors and the service provider on your campus several weeks before your courses begin and discuss your accommodations. A faculty department secretary usually can tell you who will be teaching your course. Develop a schedule with the professor to determine when you will need a specific chapter or article in an alternative format and work with the disability services office to ensure that the materials reach you in a timely manner. It will be important to receive reading lists from professors well in advance, so you will have alternative format materials when you need them.


All contents copyright ©, 1999-2017, National Educational 
Association of Disabled Students. All rights reserved.