Nova Scotia Partnership for Access Awareness Week Access Awareness Week 2016 Proclamation Ceremony
Partnership for Access Awareness Nova Scotia (PAANS) and the Nova Scotia Disabled Persons Commission, invite you to join us to proclaim Access Awareness Week 2016 “Universal Design: No One’s Left Out” in the Red Room of the Nova Scotia Legislature, Halifax, Nova Scotia on Monday, May 30th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. *Interpreters, Sighted Guides and CART will be on site*
Prior to the Proclamation there will be a Flag Raising Ceremony held at Parade Square at 9:00am, hosted by HRM. Following this ceremony, people will be asked to make their way over to Province House for the commencement of the Proclamation Ceremony. * Taxis will be on site for anyone requiring transportation*
In addition to the proclamation, we will present the Mel Hebb Hourglass Action Awards, recognizing Nova Scotians for their contribution to the lives of persons with disabilities in the following categories:
• Community Action Award: To recognize communities and municipalities dedicated to the full participation of all residents.
• Exceptional Service Award: To recognize an organization, or a member of an organization, that has gone beyond their mandate in service to persons with disabilities.
• Encore Award: To recognize a person with a disability who has significantly contributed to the community.
• Access Award: To recognize an individual, business, or group without a mandate to serve persons with disabilities, that has worked to improve access to facilities or services in a given area. While changes made to a building specifically to improve accessibility are eligible, PAANS regrets that improvements to accessibility that are mandated by the Building Code cannot be considered for these awards.
• André McConnell Award: To recognize an individual who, has gone above and beyond their duties as a provincial, municipal or federal public servant and has demonstrated: 1) A Commitment to person centered service - always putting the needs and concerns of persons with disabilities first, and 2) True dedication to supporting persons with disabilities to fully participate in their communities.
A light lunch will follow the ceremony. Please RSVP to confirm your attendance by Monday May 23rd . Please contact Kim Cicchino at the Nova Scotia League for Equal Opportunities by phone (902-455-6942) or email (email@example.com).
Kim Cicchino, Project Manager
Anne MacRae, Executive Director Partnership for Access Awareness Nova Scotia NS Disabled Persons Commission (PAANS)
All contents copyright ©, 1999-2018, National Educational |
Association of Disabled Students. All rights reserved.