Donate Now to support NEADS! We need your support!
Donations are tax deductible and you will receive a charitable tax receipt for 100% of your gift.
2015 CDSA Tanis Doe Award for Canadian Disability Study and Culture
The Canadian Disability Studies Association (CDSA) has announced that it is now accepting nominations for the Tanis Doe Award. The Tanis Doe Award was first awarded in 2009, and is named for the activist and professor, Tanis Doe, who passed away in 2004. This award honours an individual who dares to "speak the unspeakable" in advancing the study and culture of disability, and who has enriched through research, teaching, or activism, the lives of Canadians with disabilities. CDSA-ACEI is grateful for the support and permission of Tanis' family to honour her achievements in Disability Studies with this award.
To be nominated the nominee must be either a Canadian or a Permanent Resident who works in Canada. Any individual can submit a nomination, but an individual may only submit one nomination in any award-cycle year. Self-nominations not accepted.
Letters of Nomination should be 1 to 3 pages in length and include:
1. Name, affiliation, phone number, complete mailing address, and email address of the nominee.
2. Name and contact information for the person making the nomination.
3. The research, teaching, art, service or advocacy achievement or achievements of the
nominee that merit consideration for this award.
4. A brief biographical sketch of the nominee.
Please send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for nominations is 4:00pm EST on February 1st, 2015.
The winner of the 2015 Tanis Doe Award will be acknowledged at the 2015 CDSA-ACEI conference and will receive:
- $200 cash
- 2015 CDSA-ACEI Conference registration fee (applicable only if the recipient attends the
conference) and an invitation to present at the conference
- Membership in CDSA-ACEI for 2015-2016
- Invitation to submit a paper to peer-review for the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies for
possible publication in the journal
- Invitation to write an article for the CDSA-ACEI Newsletter
For more information on Tanis Doe and this award go to: http://www.cdsa-acei.ca/tanisdoe.html